Introduce yourself and tell us what do you keep?

Bob Larsen

May 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
Welcome Bob, it didn't really happen without some pics. :rolleyes:

Start a journal here, show us your plants and diatom algae!

Lite on Phish is good!

Maybe down the road I'll post some pics. The 20 is too hard to look at right now;( I'll be starting the 40 gallon build this week. A photo journal of this might be fun. Where would I do a journal?

Fish Out of H2O

Jun 3, 2018
Eugene, OR
Hello,
Below is my current Planted tank setup. 1 week ago I did a large cleaning in effort to rid the remnants of BBA.
With the addition of a surface Skimmer and better exchange, I’m finally winning the battle. Many hanks to all the useful information I’ve been able to find here!

65 G. Aqueon
Current USA Satellite USA Plus Pro
Hydor Koralia Nano, 240 GPH
Eheim 4+ 350 Canister
Eheim 350 surface skimmer
Hydor external in-line heater- output
DIY in-line reactor- input
GO Reg 2-Stage Custom CO2
3” Flora Max Black over 1/2” Fluval Stratum
Polygonum sp. ‘pink’
Italian Val
Cryptocoryne Balansae
Crypt Wendtii Bronze
Staurogyne Repens
Java Fern
Alternanthera reineckii ‘mini’
Driftwood with Vesicularia ferriei ‘weeping’ & Bucephalandra sp, ‘Singtang’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmiller

Jun 15, 2018
Gaston, South Carolina
Hi! My name is Christina. I currently have a total of 13 tanks. They are a 55g, 20g, 10g, nine 5g, and a 2.5g hospital tank. They guy in the 2.5 is better now, so he will get an upgrade to a 5, probably tomorrow. The largest is a 55g planted tank. I also have a 10g planted and three 5g planted. The 55g and the 20g are community tanks, while the rest are all beta tanks. I am actually working on getting a 125g tank and consolidating my smaller tanks. I love working with my planted tanks. Still learning a lot. I am not doing CO2 but probably should. Since I will be upgrading, I will work on getting for the 125g but probably won't for my 55 right now.

I look forward to learning a lot from this group! Thank you!

Aquaticz

Mar 17, 2012
Los Angeles
Hi,
My name is Richard but go by Aquaticz online. I have been a member here since 2012 but may not have posted an intro - who remembers?
Make a long story short my mentor was Giancarlo in 2009. I was using gravel when he introduced me to EI. Back then you had to build you own lights , so I did and got parts from Catalina lighting ( sorry this guy closed his doors- he was awesome). In the last year I was forced to loose 4 out of five tanks...a 80, 55, 40, 29, 15. I kept the 40 and loaded it up as a storage tank. I moved a few times (ugg) but I am settled now. We bought a co-op. I have been planning a new tank for far to long. T will be a 5" x 2" X 18" high iron glass tank with no rim and ½" glass. Since we bought this place I decided to do it right :). I now have blocking in the floor and on the wall for seismic attachment. I installed a hose bib in the wall for a water course that dumps right into the tank with a little PVC. I successfully built a DIY 6" PVC canister filter and put it into action prior to moving. It was set up for some months - no issues:). Now I am building a big one :) about 36" high that will reside next to the tank along with a 20" water filter for diffusing C02. All I need for diffusion now is the tube that goes inside ( where to get it?). I am having a custom stand made to match some other custom furniture by the same finish carpenter. I purchased the lights and currently use them on the 40 gallon. I wanted to be sure the light selected would work, right on top without any suspension. Shout out too Jason for fixing my account - Thank you

jfhrtn

Jun 21, 2018
Rocky Mount, NC
My name is James and I'm new here to the community which I just found through APC. Don't know how it escaped me for so long. I currently have a high tech 29g tall community tank and a 10g grow out tank. My 29g is turning more and more into a farm as time passes haha. Hopefully will be adding more light to the 29g so I may be able to acheive some reds in the new growth. Also been helping my better half get her first tank up and running a Fluval Flex 9g which will be heavily planted and house hopefully a colony of Endlers. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

-James

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Kate

Jul 5, 2018
Michigan, USA
Hi there! My name's Kate, and I've kept tanks anywhere from 1.5 gallons (only snails or a plant or 3) to my biggest which is 37 gallons at the moment. I'll share my current tank that I'm working on and a prospective tank that will be put into action in september:)

1) 37 gallon. 22 inch tall tank that isn't stocked yet with fish, besides a female betta (who won't be in there forever) and 6 kuhli loaches. Will be a fully planted tank once I get the plants I'm interested in, and the new light I plan to get. Will be non-CO2 because the tank will remain in my parents house while I'm downstate at university, and I don't want them messing with the CO2 :p Dosing EI as well.

2) my fluval spec V that I'll be using downstate to grow plants in, and house my female betta! I've yet to decide if I want to pump CO2 into this or not. Anyways, I'll be using the tank to grow some plants to sell while I'm going to uni, on top of my regular job. Just so I have something fun to do and can keep up on plant knowledge <3

reddhawkk

Jul 6, 2018
USA
Hi, my name is Scott and I have been keeping fish off and on for 41 years. I may be old but I'm not an expert! I keep mainly cichlids, mostly dwarves, and have five tanks running now, all planted to one degree or another.

choccyzilla

Jul 10, 2018
Atlanta, GA
My name is Keisa, this is my first planted tank:

20 Long
20lb CO2 tank
Finnex Planted +24/7
Tropica soil
Dwarf Hair Grass (doing poorly)
Ludwigia Arcuata
Rotala Rotundifolia
Egeria Densa
Natans Super Red
Isoetes Japonica
Banana Plant
Fissidens Fontanus
Kedagang Long Buce
Juncus Repens

Everything is doing "ok" but I've been EI dosing using the Seachem line. Now that I know better I've purchased some Nilocg dry ferts. Glad to be here and learn!

Yew Lum

Jul 28, 2018
Singapore
I’m Yew Lum based in Singapore. I have been reading a lot about setting up Low tech tank and after 1 month of reading finally setup my first planted tank.

1.5ft Aquarium with Fluval C2 filter. Heavily planted as I bought more than what I can put in from a aquatic farm.

Hope to learn more on how to maintain it.

Jerome

Aug 8, 2018
Kansas
Hi everyone, Jerome here. I am an amateur fish breeder in the midwest. I have mostly african cichlids and bristle nose plecos. Have a planted 72g bowfront with co2. The fish seem to like it because they breed in this tank like crazy. Anyway, wanting to get more into live plants so i came to see what this forum has to offer.

Jerome

Kyle K

Aug 30, 2018
Palo Alto, CA
Hey everyone,
Getting back into the hobby sort of, never REALLY left, but jumping back in with more gusto after a bit of a break to rear some offspring.

I currently have a 90p but I just upgraded to a 120-H and getting that setup to cycle with AS. Used to keep discus but will keep it simpler now for water change/maint purposes although with EI will likely do a WC every week.

Plants I have now:
Anubias Nana petite
Cryptocoryne Rosanervig
Cryptocoryne Nurii "Pahong Mutated"
Blyxa Aubertii

I have a lot of each plant listed and looking to get some new flavor in the new tank so let me know if you are interested in a trade etc for any of these. Look forward to sharing/learning here.

Reactions: Tim Harrison

Iksa Menajang

Aug 31, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
862D51D6-CDD0-4CFF-9F45-54ACDABA2AB1.jpeg
Hi, I am very new to having plants in aquarium. Just started early this month with an aquarium that is already 20 years at the house. It is a 100G tank and I don’t know what plants I buy at the store.

So it is full of plants, stones and wood by now, but seems to have very little light, only a total of 78W of LEDs (white only).

Hopefully by being here I can do better.

Iksa Menajang

Aug 31, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
6F7E8370-1BE2-4929-A2CD-449BF184BD2A.jpeg
View attachment 13874 Hi, I am very new to having plants in aquarium. Just started early this month with an aquarium that is already 20 years at the house. It is a 100G tank and I don’t know what plants I buy at the store.

So it is full of plants, stones and wood by now, but seems to have very little light, only a total of 78W of LEDs (white only).

Hopefully by being here I can do better.

I forgot something, a few days ago there are a lot of wild algae growing all over the tank, and I am advised to buy some tank cleaning crews which consist of several Otto fish, snails, and more than a hundres small shrimps in various colors. Now the algae is gone.

The photo shows the last part of algae being eaten by shrimps.

Reactions: rajkm

ashtonfitzgerald

Sep 7, 2018
Oshawa, ON Canada
Hi Everyone--My name is Ashton and I've been keeping aquariums since I was a kid with a brief hiatus when I moved out west. I've always been into plants and gardening, and recently realized that live aquarium plants are not some ridiculously difficult to tame unicorn.

I've been running low light planted aquariums for about three years now and am getting more serious about diversifying. I set up my first dirted tank about a year ago, and have been playing with planted tubs outdoors this summer. We currently have about 15 aquariums running.

Ryan8

Sep 13, 2018
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
HI Guys,

Thanks for having me. I have two tanks at the moment up and running a 55 gal tiger barb planted tank with an FX6, pressurized CO2 through a sera flora reactor and a 20 gallon non-co2 planted tank with a bunch of moss, swords and live bearers. Its my daughters tank and we spend hours watching them dart around together.

I'm putting together a 150 gal that was a gift from my wife and is in the basement just needs a stand!

Thanks again for having me

Ryan

Bren Smith

Sep 14, 2018
Massachusetts
Anyone new or wanting to post in the gallery, feel free to do so.

I will ask permission and use some of the tank images for the report pages here and there if you wish also.

But tell folks what you have and keep.

I have 16 tanks right now, this always subject to change. Most are smaller cube all are open top, PC lighting and 2 tanks with MH's HQI 150w/ 10K bulbs.

The largest is 40 gal, the smallest is a mere 3/4 of a gallon.
Client tanks range from a 300 gallon marine to a 350 gal FW.
1 cold water.

I add CO2 to 6 of my home tanks, the rest are non CO2.

I keep mainly small fish these days.

Regards,
Tom Barr
Anyone new or wanting to post in the gallery, feel free to do so.

I will ask permission and use some of the tank images for the report pages here and there if you wish also.

But tell folks what you have and keep.

I have 16 tanks right now, this always subject to change. Most are smaller cube all are open top, PC lighting and 2 tanks with MH's HQI 150w/ 10K bulbs.

The largest is 40 gal, the smallest is a mere 3/4 of a gallon.
Client tanks range from a 300 gallon marine to a 350 gal FW.
1 cold water.

I add CO2 to 6 of my home tanks, the rest are non CO2.

I keep mainly small fish these days.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Bren Smith

Sep 14, 2018
Massachusetts
Thanks for adding me,
My name is Brenda and I am starting to change my 75 gallon over to a planted tank. I have all the equipment to start. Looking forward to reading and learning new techniques through the site.

Again thanks for the info in advance,
Brenda

nel

Sep 16, 2018
Poland
Hi! I'm Nel and I have 4 planted tanks. I'm moving and after the move I'll have 5 planted tanks (+planted jar). Can't wait to share them with you all!