May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
FdKMmDk.jpg

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
Rio Uaupes

Organics can tear this plant up very easily. *One* of the secrets to keeping uaupes (very clean water and soil)

Seee here, my soil is africana but is aged and crumbled so every uproot or stir up i see powder debris glistening over uaupes leaves

growth had been good and rapid(different tank (t5 lighting)), until i did this, debris over one stem completely almost deteriorated and on its way

Moving the plant is not so bad after what I just said, as long you keep the plant clean.

RoIGUnM.jpg

QZXpkso.jpg

Sensitive, yes.

I'm not too sure if you can float this plant or not, I have not tried and i do not have enough to try.

Algae does not hinder this plant much

4scEV2e.jpg

1. organics

2. light/o2/co2

3. clean water/soil

4. soft/acidic water

5. fert suggested ei dosing get the best of this plant

6. short

7. multibrancher madness (I have not witnessed much branching yet) I pull side shoots as quick i can though

8. meltage if not trimmed>I don't think so, this plant can branch all it wants and not melt (melting due to organics)

9. roots bottom and sides, don't seem to penetrate and grip to the soil much

10. my favorite plant of all time

BeVQCcl.jpg

KPvwNnx.jpg

y5NeFdw.jpg

3 full grown crowns, see the height was like 2"

43l2pX2.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
Upgraded or downgraded hugely according to price

odyssea cheap arse t5's

i very excite!

BrzYzdS.jpg

Another note, before and after of gravel after been double dosing

PZJUYv4.jpg

r73GkP3.jpg

I do not know why my water is cloudy

Pretty opposite of what i thought, more fert and algae going away

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
So eriocaulon sectaceum type 3 is the fastest so far in my tank. The plant is not hard as one may think. Crowns are smaller than normal though, this is probably location of tank lacking light in the corner. Following is madeira, then belem, then lago grande in speed, not ease.

8h1iSau.jpg

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
These plants do require a skill degree level to grow. Especially long term, it's melted many of times on people and myself including. Its not like diplandis, ammania....etc whatever dull looking pish posh. Only plants to compare would be sunset (not florida), crypt silver queen might go on the same level. So if this plants just for hippies, they're all smoking up their plants like me(killing), cause i'm not seeing but a couple to 3-4 growers long term. I'd say its a plant for the higher class actually or those who want a actual challenge. Belem definitely isn't in the realm its been around a longer longer time and as easy AF.

People that say they can grow it, or usually any plant for that matter can't do all that, just words.

Lack of pictures and information PROVES this shit.

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
oooooo

So most algae is gone now. Going back to normal ei levels. should suffice. Whatever my tank was lacking should be there now.

Only problem is my water is cloudy like a bacterial bloom or something. I might invest in a uv when i get the chance.

Plants are growing very well, very therapeutic

mV9k1tl.jpg

qFV6GmA.jpg

burr740

Micros Spiller
Feb 16, 2015
Looks like its coming along well.

How many bulbs is the new light? You should throw 1 or 2 red/pink types in the mix, better colors and probably better growth too.

TruLumen Floras are awesome and dirt cheap, Dr Foster Smith has them

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
burr740 said:
Looks like its coming along well.

How many bulbs is the new light? You should throw 1 or 2 red/pink types in the mix, better colors and probably better growth too.

TruLumen Floras are awesome and dirt cheap, Dr Foster Smith has them

Thank you very much BURR!!! was looking for new bulbs, right now now is all 6500k odyssea bulbs x 4 39w

burr740

Micros Spiller
Feb 16, 2015
strungout said:
Thank you very much BURR!!! was looking for new bulbs, right now now is all 6500k odyssea bulbs x 4 39w

Awesome. Yeah I thought that looked like all 6500Ks. A couple of decent red types will change your world.

Here's what 1 6500K and 1 TL Flora looks like on the 50 gal. (2 bulb unit).

32859687993_66af6da1f6_b.jpg

Zoo-med Flora Suns are nice too, and fairly cheap. I like the TL better because it's a warmer red than the ZM. Just my personal taste.

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
burr740 said:
Awesome. Yeah I thought that looked like all 6500Ks. A couple of decent red types will change your world.

Here's what 1 6500K and 1 TL Flora looks like on the 50 gal. (2 bulb unit).

32859687993_66af6da1f6_b.jpg

Zoo-med Flora Suns are nice too, and fairly cheap. I like the TL better because it's a warmer red than the ZM. Just my personal taste.

Thanks for sharing, i also checked out aqua medic, looks deep violet colorish, the price is ridick, but i may try one of those.

You getting decent reds out of the single tl flora alone, very nice

rajkm

Article Editor
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Article Editor
Sep 16, 2015
Hillsboro, OR
strungout said:
How dare u accuse me color penciling.

Don't take it serious, no one is accusing you.

That is extreme red, haven't seen plants that red so want to know what plant it is.

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
rajkm said:
Don't take it serious, no one is accusing you.

That is extreme red, haven't seen plants that red so want to know what plant it is.

I'm jp. Left pantanal, next right of it rotala mini butterfly, right pantanal too. Floating ammania,sen.

plants just arrived from barr so can't take credit for extreme reds. They look prettier in person over picture