New member. Hi

florix

Junior Poster
Aug 29, 2016
Hi all I am new to the forum so I suppose I will introduce myself and my tank. My name is Phil and i have been keeping fish for as long as i can remember. I currently have a 6x2x2 sumped starphire system that was a reef setup but I decided to pull it down and go for a lower maintaince planted tank.... which already has a CO2 setup haha., anyway. I will upload some pictures of it later. but i have basically done the concept around this picture I half created. I currently have a bunch of gold fish....no not really. I have 25 rummy nose, juv pair of triple red apistos (soon), hillstreams, otos, SAE and a candy pleco. and a token molly.... that i need to get out. Probably the second hardest fish I have ever tried to remove, first being a coris wrasse. So any advise apart from pulling apart my tank would be awesome. tried leaving the net in for hours. lights off. even attempted to section off the tank and some how still managed to escape! I feel like cyanide is my only option... Anyway. I have a doser from my reefing days and was wondering are there three chemicals I could dose to improve plant growth (HC, dwarf blyxia, Hydrocotyle, bacopa, anubias petite, and a few others i have missed along with, flame, xmas, weeping, subwassertang trees). But yeah that basically wrapps it up. I do have an inactive 46lt fluval edge that I am still deciding between a nano reef or a nano planted tank. Anyway I look forward to meeting you all

Cheers

Jason King

barrreport.com
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
UK
barrreport.com
Hey Phil welcome to the Barr report.

Nice scape and and great sized tank.

Looking forward to seeing you new scape.

rajkm

Article Editor
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Article Editor
Sep 16, 2015
Hillsboro, OR
I had trouble catching my two SAE's too in my heavily planted tank with lot of areas to hide. I used a large net and used my other hand to try and encourage it to to swim in. Took a few hours. That was just for one of them. Broke a few stems along the way too, but they recovered. The second one I just gassed the tank (accidentally) and when he was on top trying to get air I netted it out.

mine is only 16 gal tank AIO which was also a reef tank at one time.

With th a large tank like yours, I assume it will be even more difficult and you might want to borrow more hands/ nets.

nice scape .

florix

Junior Poster
Aug 29, 2016
Thanks guys and yes I have spent quite some time until he dissapears into the rock work that was down before the gravel so that usually means i get a brake lol. apart from that only other thing I can think of is brine shrimp in a bottle and hope for the best... Thanks for the comments I i will post some pics when I upload them to the computer.

burr740

Micros Spiller
Feb 16, 2015
Welcome Phil

+1 for the trap suggestion. I made one out of a plastic bottle that works great.

26136832082_7663a6501a_c.jpg

25565256663_b4b7180b86_b.jpg