This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.
    Dismiss Notice

Aquatic Horticulture - Market Questions

Discussion in 'Off Topic and Chat' started by PhillyB, Oct 14, 2007.

1. PhillyB

PhillyB Prolific Poster

Dec 27, 2006
    10:40 AM

I am doing some research on our hobby in relation to its market size etc... I haven't found anything significant in this regard and thought I would ask here to see if anyone had any pointers.

I am trying to figure out the following specifically, for the U.S. market:
    - How large is the market for planted aquariums? How many people have them, and how much is spent on this each year by U.S. consumers?
    - Is the hobby growing on a yearly basis? If so, by how much?

I wasn't able to find any of this information specifically. Instead, I tried to pull it out from the statistics available for freshwater aquariums in general.

Anyone know of any web-sites or publications which might have this information or related information available?