Zoomed Aquasun HO LED

Benealing

Junior Poster
Feb 19, 2015
Hi everyone,

I was given an 18" Zoomed Aquasun HO LED. It has two basic modules in it. I have a 20H tank. I was wondering if anyone with more knowledge of lighting could help me figure out what the PAR might be in my tank. I have emailed Zoomed but not gotten a response as of yet.

Here is the info on the lights:

Each module has four white 6000K LEDs (one watt each), and two blue 465nm LEDs (500 milliwatts each). It has 2 modules. It rests on top of the tank.

I also have 2 CREE E27, 9x2w, 6500k, 90 degree angle, PAR 30 spotlight bulbs on each end of the tank where the strip light has gaps. They rest on top of the tank as well.

Thanks for any insight.

Ben

Zenzu25

Junior Poster
Feb 20, 2015
California
There are too many factors in determining par to give you an accurate answer. Reflector type/material, bulb type/age, substrate depth, water clarity etc etc. Are you having issues with your tank? If your tank doesn't have any issues let it ride and meanwhile talk to a local hobbyist or shop. Maybe they would have a par meter you could borrow or you could always invest in one.

Benealing

Junior Poster
Feb 19, 2015
The tank seems to be doing great! I was just curious. My local LFS doesn't have a PAR meter. I may try to find a hobbyist nearby that might have one. Thanks for the feedback!