Your own Personal Webpage ...

Greg Watson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
United States
I've added a new feature to your Profile webpage ...

Everyone can now have their own personal webpage added to their Profile...

To create your own webpage ...

1. click on the User CP menu link above ...
  2. then click on the Webpage Content link on the left menu ...
Let's see some creative personal webpages!

Greg

reiverix

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Jan 29, 2005
Re: Your own Personal Webpage ...

I had something wierd happen. I misplaced a double quote and now half the source code for the Web Content page appears in the textarea box. The Submit/Reset buttons are also missing from the page :confused: so I can't update anything.

Greg Watson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
United States

reiverix said:
I had something wierd happen. I misplaced a double quote and now half the source code for the Web Content page appears in the textarea box. The Submit/Reset buttons are also missing from the page :confused: so I can't update anything.

Click on User CP ...
Then Click on Web Content ...

You should be able to edit everything then ... if not, send me a Private Message, and I'll be able to go in and fix it ...

Thanks,
Greg

GreenStuff

Prolific Poster
Feb 11, 2005
Canada

Hey Reiverix. Nice tank. Did you build the stand?

And your playing sounded darn fine on my system. That's a great looking guitar. I'm impressed with your talent.

reiverix

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Jan 29, 2005

GreenStuff said:
Hey Reiverix. Nice tank. Did you build the stand?

And your playing sounded darn fine on my system. That's a great looking guitar. I'm impressed with your talent.

Thanks. There are two things that relax me at the end of the day, and that's to watch my fish/plants and play the guitar. I'm afraid my few talents do not extend to building stands though. I've not got the confidence to lay a 75g tank on top of my carpentry :D

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005

Perhaps you should play bass instead. Bassist can build stands,Tanks, CO2 reactors etc....... well, at least one bassist can:)

You can make a simple stand out of MDF board and make the top about 2" larger than your tank's bottom. Then make all 4 sides and cut a hole of of the read for tubes and wires etc.

5/8" is plenty thick enough.

Paint to suit.

See my gallery, there'a 75 with a stand there, easy to make, cost about 30-40$ with paint.

I used cheap framing brackets to screw the pieces together and 1/2" screws, should be able to have the wood cut for you also at Home Depot etc.

Use a jig saw to cut out the door amd rear holes(or leave a space there when designing, eg use 2x 20" pieces instead of a single 48" so there's an 8" gap.

Regards,
Tom Barr

reiverix

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Jan 29, 2005

Spanish guitarists can build DIY inline reactors and simple amphibious lego vehicles. That about it. :)

Actually your stand looks quite neat. Maybe I'll give it a go for the 10g I'm setting up. Start simple, see how it goes.

Cornhusker

Guru Class Expert
Jan 23, 2005

:) tom,,you'r a carpenter too? i bet living in california you have a neet street rod too! :) :) regards,cornhusker

travdawg

Guru Class Expert
Feb 2, 2005

I am terrified of putting my tank on the stands that come with them, much less trying to build one of my own to hold it... Anything I would build would have to involve rebar, & lots of concrete before I would feel safe sitting a tank on it. lol

Gill Man

Prolific Poster
Feb 10, 2005
San Francisco

Are the personal webpages down? I can't find anything in the menu under User CP. Am I doing something wrong?

Greg Watson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
United States

Gill Man said:
Are the personal webpages down? I can't find anything in the menu under User CP. Am I doing something wrong?

It looks like they are down (which really means in the last update I forgot to turn them back on) ...

I'll get them back on this weekend ...

Thanks,
Greg