This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Yet, another introduction from a newb...

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by OndaS, Aug 5, 2015.

1. OndaS

OndaS Junior Poster

Local Time:
    5:55 AM
    Hi, I bought a Fluval V for my kids to keep a few fish in a couple years ago, and now I'm the one who's hooked.

I've purchased a 40 breeder and currently in a process of getting everything together to start my first real planted tank.

Anyway, I just wanted to say "hey."

OndaS

2. kevinmichael77

kevinmichael77 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Welcome:) This is a great source of information for anything ya need to know. Biggest advice I can give is to plan plan plan. Get everything ya need together and don't skimp cause you'll end up buying what you originally wanted anyway. Lighting and substrate is where I skimped and it was a big regret. Best of luck to ya!

3. OndaS

OndaS Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm working on "mineralizing" some topsoil at the moment. I have purchased some inert fine gravel to cap with, but I've also purchased some Aquasoil like product (Controsoil from Amazon) to put on top of that, if necessary, to put plants at higher elevation. My plans/vision are just all in my head and nothing has been put to real life use, but we'll see how it goes. Again, thank you for the nice welcome. I'm hoping to put some pics in the near future when I actually start putting it all together.

4. NeonFlux

NeonFlux Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Welcome to Tom Barr's website and forums! :)