yet anoter plant id question

Soggy

Junior Poster
Jun 27, 2007
02102010500.jpg

02102010504.jpg

so what is it?

i got it in hong kong. looks like a mini form of myriophyllum mattogrossense with stiff stems and leaves

diameter is about half an inch. It s a nice petite plant that forms roots. It just stays green even in high lighting conditions. :gw

Soggy

Junior Poster
Jun 27, 2007
JDowns;46450 said:
Looks to be M. spicatum.

You can look here and try and narrow it down.

wow. thanks for that website. I do wish there was an engrish version. Myriophyllum sp. 'guyana' is the closest match.

Myriophyllum sp. 'guyana'

ive translated the text in engrish.
Double seed leaf plant, very river character water plant.This is one kind of compact size water plant, possibly is the Canada parrotfeather is in (Myriophyllum) the most miniature variety.The aquatic grass has approximately 5 verticillate emerald pinnate leaves, often crawls or the erectness grows on the wetland, the grass high cannot surpass generally 10㎝.Raises in the water accommodates in very much the extra payment, the water middle also is by 5 verticillate majorities, but plants the object quite to be big, the pinnate leaf is long: 0.5~0.8㎝, the leaf launches approximately the scope only extends approximately 1㎝, the leaf color is Paris green.The adding water archery target request is not high, even if in slightly high degree of hardness and in weak basicity water, also can adapt good.In has not input the carbon dioxide in the mug also to be able to nurture, but inputs the carbon dioxide under the glare to be possible to accelerate obviously the growth speed.Thought generally because the appearance is extremely slender lovably, also easy to look after, often becomes the object which the novice or the female likes transplanting.

the crude description seems to match my plant. its really cute in emersed culture too.

aquabillpers

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2005
I wish that the M. spicaturn that I catch in the bays of Lake Ontario looked as good as that.

bill