Yeast mixing help?

fishtk75

Prolific Poster
Oct 15, 2006
PA
I did as all said to to the formulas for making a yeast in the bottle but there is nothing cooking for three days so what did I do wrong?

VaughnH

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2005
Sacramento, CA
If you used water that was too warm you could have killed the yeast. Or you could have yeast that is too old or has been stored badly. If you are adding anything except yeast, sugar and water to your bottle, I suggest not doing so until you first succeed with the basic mixture. This process, using yeast in sugar water is so simple it is hard to make it not work.

fishtk75

Prolific Poster
Oct 15, 2006
PA
Thats is the one I was doing the diy co2 first the orginal.

Bad yeast I put in one more yeast in the bottle we will see it will cook.

milesm

Prolific Poster
Oct 18, 2006
hi quartermass,

thanks for the tip. i;ll check it out. hopefully it will be able to retrieve karen randall's articles from aquatic frontiers.

Milesm

fishtk75

Prolific Poster
Oct 15, 2006
PA
site working today .

Is there anything that may stop the the yeast for working as to the water?

fishtk75

Prolific Poster
Oct 15, 2006
PA
I made a new mix.I put in all of the 1/4 oz. packet to see if the yeast is old.
And I let it sit longer than 10 mins. for the yeast to hydrate more then 30 mins. Then I put it in the bottle last night and I go up today and see and hear bubbles from the air stone in the tank.

Now I need to know how do you all regulate with this yeast mix the PH?
As to do much co2 from the bottle?
Also how do you all regulate and keep the kh up without make the ph go up and down? My KH is at 4.0 kh what is a good number?

VaughnH

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2005
Sacramento, CA
If you use a pH test kit, the titration type test kit, where yellow is pH=6 and blue is pH=7.2, then 4 dKH is a great place to be. That makes the pH test kit the most accurate, where you can see small differences in color the easiest. So, 4 degrees KH is a very good number.

fishtk75

Prolific Poster
Oct 15, 2006
PA
VaughnH;11396 said:
If you use a pH test kit, the titration type test kit, where yellow is pH=6 and blue is pH=7.2, then 4 dKH is a great place to be. That makes the pH test kit the most accurate, where you can see small differences in color the easiest. So, 4 degrees KH is a very good number.

I have a milwaukee ph contoller meter in the tank I got it to see the ph and if I go pressure co2 one day.

How do you keep it 4kh?