This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Yeast mixing help?

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by fishtk75, Oct 21, 2006.

1. fishtk75

fishtk75 Prolific Poster

I did as all said to to the formulas for making a yeast in the bottle but there is nothing cooking for three days so what did I do wrong?

2. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

If you used water that was too warm you could have killed the yeast. Or you could have yeast that is too old or has been stored badly. If you are adding anything except yeast, sugar and water to your bottle, I suggest not doing so until you first succeed with the basic mixture. This process, using yeast in sugar water is so simple it is hard to make it not work.

3. milesm

milesm Prolific Poster

4. fishtk75

fishtk75 Prolific Poster

Thats is the one I was doing the diy co2 first the orginal.

Bad yeast I put in one more yeast in the bottle we will see it will cook.

5. quatermass

quatermass Prolific Poster

6. milesm

milesm Prolific Poster

hi quartermass,

thanks for the tip. i;ll check it out. hopefully it will be able to retrieve karen randall's articles from aquatic frontiers.

Milesm

7. fishtk75

fishtk75 Prolific Poster

site working today .

Is there anything that may stop the the yeast for working as to the water?

8. fishtk75

fishtk75 Prolific Poster

I made a new mix.I put in all of the 1/4 oz. packet to see if the yeast is old.
    And I let it sit longer than 10 mins. for the yeast to hydrate more then 30 mins. Then I put it in the bottle last night and I go up today and see and hear bubbles from the air stone in the tank.

Now I need to know how do you all regulate with this yeast mix the PH?
    As to do much co2 from the bottle?
    Also how do you all regulate and keep the kh up without make the ph go up and down? My KH is at 4.0 kh what is a good number?

9. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

If you use a pH test kit, the titration type test kit, where yellow is pH=6 and blue is pH=7.2, then 4 dKH is a great place to be. That makes the pH test kit the most accurate, where you can see small differences in color the easiest. So, 4 degrees KH is a very good number.

10. fishtk75

fishtk75 Prolific Poster

I have a milwaukee ph contoller meter in the tank I got it to see the ph and if I go pressure co2 one day.

How do you keep it 4kh?