Yamato Green For Trace with EI

Homer_Simpson

Prolific Poster
Oct 11, 2007
I would be curious to hear from anyone who has used Yamato Green as Trace vs other Trace Element brands in high light, consistent c02 tanks using Estimative index. Tom, what is your experience with Yamato Green vs other brands like TMG.
I know you stated your position here clearly about the Plant Auxins claims of Yamato Green:
Yamato Green - Page 4 - The Planted Tank Forum

I am more curious as to whether you tested Yamato Green and observed any signifcant differences in plant growth, with all other things being equal, vs other brands. I am just curious. Personally I would love to set up different control tanks with the same variables and dose a different trace element mix in each tank as part of EI, just to see if there are any differences in plant growth,etc., Unfortunately, I have no more room in my house to set up any more tanks. Thanks.

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
It's a decent product. Never had much negative issues with it, but I did niot use it much and it's been many years. As far as marketing baloney and hormones, that's for fruit, etc, not vegetative growth, which is why you see benefits from hormones in aquatic plants.

Exogenous vs endogenous application of hormones makes a giant difference and are quite unrelated.

Adding it(hormones) will not hurt, except perhaps the wallet.
Still, Super Thrive is decent and cost 1.79$ for all you could use.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Homer_Simpson

Prolific Poster
Oct 11, 2007
Tom Barr;22838 said:
It's a decent product. Never had much negative issues with it, but I did niot use it much and it's been many years. As far as marketing baloney and hormones, that's for fruit, etc, not vegetative growth, which is why you see benefits from hormones in aquatic plants.

Exogenous vs endogenous application of hormones makes a giant difference and are quite unrelated.

Adding it(hormones) will not hurt, except perhaps the wallet.
Still, Super Thrive is decent and cost 1.79$ for all you could use.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Many thanks Tom :)

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Sorry, fried brain:
I meant to say that's why you see no noted benefit to aquatic plants.
There's only one positive study and it was using Gibberillians in emergent Crypts.

The rest is just pure speculation and marketing gibberish used to to twist the real research and suggest something without real support.

Regards,
Tom Barr