This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Would EI work in a bare tank?

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by rusticitas, Jan 14, 2008.

1. rusticitas

rusticitas Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    11:16 AM
    Would the EI method work on a bare tank, and algae-free, with just plants and no substrate, or plants in pots? My instinct says yes, but I lack experience to back that up.

(Not that I'm planning anything with it, just wanting to see if I understand so far...)

-Jason

2. dkarc

dkarc Junior Poster

Local Time:
    I would also like to know as my next tank will be similar (bare bottom with plants in pots or attached to driftwood).

-Ryan

3. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    EI will work if you have sufficient light, CO2, and plant mass. If the plants are in pots or floating, it will still work if there are enough of them. Why wouldn't it?