This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Working pressure/ needle valve setting

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by Dkoi, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Dkoi

Dkoi New Member

Local Time:
    7:48 PM
    Hello,
    I've been trying to get my co2 delivery stabilized since setting up a new 5 lb canister with Taprite regulator/ solenoid. I'm having some difficulty getting a good flow of fine bubbles through the ceramic diffuser. I have to crank the needle valve wide open & set the working pressure to 30 psi just to get a decent flow. Is it me , or the diffuser? I should mention that prior to obtaining this 5 lb tank I was using the Fluval 88 c02 canister for the past 8 months. It worked perfectly(better than the big boy) except for the cost of $ 20.00 per canister which lasted 5 days ! I know it takes some tweaking, but at this rate I will probably burn through a 5 lb in a month ! Here's what the diffuser looks like. Thanks [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

2. rajkm

rajkm Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    3:48 AM
    Ceramic diffusers need a minimum of 30psi working pressure. I would setting it to 40psi and the dial in the needle valve.

Dkoi likes this.
  3. Dkoi

Dkoi New Member

Local Time:
    Thank you! I was told 10 psi, so 40 sounds like it would work better.

4. Slythy

Slythy New Member

Local Time:
    10:48 PM
    You have a leak somewhere in the system for it to only last 5 days. Since you are using a diffuser I will guess your tanks under 75g. My 40b's 10lb lasted ~8 months.

5. Dkoi

Dkoi New Member

Local Time:
    No actually I don't. The first c02 system I had was the tiny 88 gram Fluval canister. That one only lasted 5 days. My new 5 lb tank, now set at 35 psi & 6 bps is working perfectly. The gauge hasn't even moved a bit , still on 1000 psi. Full tank after 10 days now. But thanks for your reply.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

6. Slythy

Slythy New Member

Local Time:
    10:48 PM

Ahh i read that wrong. Ignore me hahaha

Dkoi likes this.