This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Will pumping water 8 ft in the air hurt my RENA XP3

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Crazymidwesterner, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Crazymidwesterner

Crazymidwesterner Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    11:51 AM
    I recently set a drain line on the output of my RENA so I can switch my diverter and have it pump water into a drain for WC's. I want to run the pipe through my rafters in my basement which is 8ft up. I tested it and the RENA does it just fine but I was curious if doing this often will hurt anything. I know they only recommend like 4 ft of head.

I plan on adding another diverter and line to the output line soon so I can do away with hoses all together.

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
  3. richardsantink

richardsantink Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Exceeding the head rating should not harm anything. Speaking from experience, the only thing that suffers is your flow rate, the higher you place it. As soon as you reduce it, all is well again. Besides, it sounds like you're only doing this, what... once a week?

RAS

4. Crazymidwesterner

Crazymidwesterner Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Thanks for the fast responses. Yeah it will only be once a week.

Tom thanks for the suggestion. I will give this a try first as it only cost me about $5. I haven't tried it yet so it may drain too slowly for my likeing. We'll see.