Will pumping water 8 ft in the air hurt my RENA XP3

Crazymidwesterner

Guru Class Expert
Feb 3, 2007
Dixon IL
I recently set a drain line on the output of my RENA so I can switch my diverter and have it pump water into a drain for WC's. I want to run the pipe through my rafters in my basement which is 8ft up. I tested it and the RENA does it just fine but I was curious if doing this often will hurt anything. I know they only recommend like 4 ft of head.

I plan on adding another diverter and line to the output line soon so I can do away with hoses all together.

richardsantink

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2005
just outside of Ottawa, Ontario
Crazymidwesterner;22660 said:
I recently set a drain line on the output of my RENA so I can switch my diverter and have it pump water into a drain for WC's. I want to run the pipe through my rafters in my basement which is 8ft up. I tested it and the RENA does it just fine but I was curious if doing this often will hurt anything. I know they only recommend like 4 ft of head.

I plan on adding another diverter and line to the output line soon so I can do away with hoses all together.

Exceeding the head rating should not harm anything. Speaking from experience, the only thing that suffers is your flow rate, the higher you place it. As soon as you reduce it, all is well again. Besides, it sounds like you're only doing this, what... once a week?

RAS

Crazymidwesterner

Guru Class Expert
Feb 3, 2007
Dixon IL
Thanks for the fast responses. Yeah it will only be once a week.

Tom thanks for the suggestion. I will give this a try first as it only cost me about $5. I haven't tried it yet so it may drain too slowly for my likeing. We'll see.