Why fertilize my aquatic plants? Áren't fish wastes enough to feed the plants?

Amanda Adkins

aquariumfertilizer.com
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2015
Napa, California
www.aquariumfertilizer.com
All living things need the same basic macro and micro nutrients. Fish wastes are mostly nitrates. While nitrates are a key ingredient in protein synthesis they are not sufficient alone to support thriving growth and development. Calcium is important for cell wall strength and thickness of stems. Chloride is important for photosynthesis. Magnesium improves blooming; enhances the green color and helps plants grow bushier. Phosphates help convert other nutrients into usable building blocks for growth. Phosphates are a component of the complex nucleic acid structure of plants which regulates protein synthesis, cell division and development of new tissue. Potassium is an essential plant nutrient and is required in large amounts for proper growth and reproduction.

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
Julia Adkins said:
All living things need the same basic macro and micro nutrients. Fish wastes are mostly nitrates. While nitrates are a key ingredient in protein synthesis they are not sufficient alone to support thriving growth and development. Calcium is important for cell wall strength and thickness of stems. Chloride is important for photosynthesis. Magnesium improves blooming; enhances the green color and helps plants grow bushier. Phosphates help convert other nutrients into usable building blocks for growth. Phosphates are a component of the complex nucleic acid structure of plants which regulates protein synthesis, cell division and development of new tissue. Potassium is an essential plant nutrient and is required in large amounts for proper growth and reproduction.

I do not get how to order fertilizers from your site, can you please pm me?