This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Why are they brown

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by crystalview, May 13, 2009.

1. crystalview

crystalview Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    11:45 PM
    Ok what am I doing wrong? I have fissiden and christmas moss in my restarted tank. I know Fissiden's can turn brown and then come back but I did not think this was so with most moss. I am using EI regular daily. 50% wc weekly and the Par says the middle of the tank is 50 and 38 at the bottom. O, O, 4 ph 6.5 Temp 80

2. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    As I recall mosses much prefer temperatures lower than 80F. I know that Java Moss does poorly in my tank, which tends to be 78-80F most of the year. If you are heating the tank you could try it with the heater off for a few days.

3. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    I have fissidens in a 60 I cannot kill. 81F, EI and lower light.

CO2........

That's about the only obvious thing/difference.
    Moss does not do well with poor CO2.

Regards,
    Tom Barr