This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.
    Dismiss Notice

why am i showing no nitrate on test kit

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by naz, Jan 26, 2009.

1. naz

naz Junior Poster

Dec 29, 2008
    7:46 PM
    i am using dry ferts and following the james tank dosing method,some of my planted are not looking to good so i thought i would test the water,cant work out why my nitrate is coming up as 0,so i thought i would double the dose of kno3 and it still com up 0,everything else is coming up fine,my tank has only bin running for 5 weeks it is a new set up,and i only have 3 tiny fish in there at the moment ,do you think i should add nitrate on its own as well as adding potassium nitrate,to get the nitrate levels up, tell i get some more fish in there , i am new to planted tanks,as you can probably work out i am not very clued up,....

240l tank ,co2 injected 4 bubba sec,3 x39 t5

kn03 1/4tps 3xweek
    kh2po4 3/16 3xweek
    trace1/4 3xweek
    mag 8ppm
    sulphate of potash 10ppm

cant work out why some of the plants look ok and 20% of them look stunted and showing sign of problems:confused: