This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Which of these two T5's

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by crystalview, Jan 12, 2009.

1. crystalview

crystalview Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    4:28 PM
    Hi my fixture only uses one size bulb so now I need to find which kind I want. I found two. I am not sure which would give me the bright noon sun look. I know that 21w (2) is for a deep 45g but I thought I might add another single lamp to the tank if I find the 42w is to low. I thought I could keep this fixture on the tank top and not have it raised until I can get the PAR to measure whats what with my tank. The 96w I am using now is to bright. Please advise Thanks

Energy Savers T5 Fluorescent Bulb 36 Inch Colormax-Aquarium Lighting

Coralife (energy Savers) 10000k Fluorescent 21 Watt Bulb 36 Inch T5-Aquarium Lighting

2. SuperColey1

SuperColey1 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    They both have a CRI over 90% which means they are quite good in colour quality accuracy.

Therefore it is down to personal preference. The first is a pinkish colour and the second a bright white bordering towards a blueish.

AC

3. crystalview

crystalview Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Thanks, that is what I thought