This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Which Apogee to get?

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by pepetj, Dec 9, 2010.

1. pepetj

pepetj Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    12:08 AM
    I noticed Apogee Quantum meters come with different probes. There's the single sensor unit and then multiple linear sensors (from 3 to 6 in 50cm length; 10 in 70cm length).

Is it better to use the one with three sensors instead of the single one?

I wonder on the difficulty of placement for the 50cm long linear sensor in narrow spaces, like a 30cm wide tank if I wanted to measure PPF in the edges of a tank this wide.

Difference in price is barely 50USD so I'm tempted to get the multiple sensor linear probe.

What do you think?

Pepetj
    Santo Domingo

#1 pepetj, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2010
  2. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    12:08 AM
    Hi Pepetj,

I only have the single sensor on the mounting plate so I cannot say if the mult sensor is 'better'.

I can say that the meter is easy to use and I have had no issues measuring any tank so far.

I think they now come with both electric/sunlight capabilities, so go for that model if possible. Just flip the mode switch.

I can also say that though you may not use it much, it is worth every penny IMO.

Best of luck with your decision. Let us know what you decide and how it works for you.