This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Where to get aquatic plants in Boston area?

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by pepetj, Feb 25, 2011.

1. pepetj

pepetj Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    1:03 PM
    Hi. I'm going to Boston at the second week of March to attend a couple of workshops and lectures on my career (clinical personality assessment). I'm also picking up my Apogee Quantum meter MQ-200 (ordered it today!), some aquarium accessories and hopefully some nice plants.

I already have a "green light" to bring home aquatic plants. Wonder if any of you know where I can find a LFS with good selection of plant species in the Boston area. I'll stay at Revere but expect to spend most of my time in Boston.

Pepetj
    Santo Domingo

2. inkslinger

inkslinger Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Hello not too many have a large selection on freshwater plants
    Skipton's is just south of Boston city limts they have at times some nice plants
    Lovely Pets is in Quincey also South of Boston = http://www.lovelypets.com/
    Tropic Isle in Frammingham if you like to drive take Rt. 9 out of town until you get to Frammingham need to google a map I like to use yahoo map.
    http://www.tropicisleaquarium.com/products.htm

These stores are half Saltwater /Freshwater when they place there plant order they will have some nice looking plants but find them to be pricey but above average in selection .
    If you need help email me
    bote110@yahoo.com

3. shoggoth43

shoggoth43 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    I can second Tropic Isle.

-
    S

4. pepetj

pepetj Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Thank you very much. I already figured out how to get to both using MBTA routes although I might get a ride from Fishlore forum friend.

My Apogee MQ-200 arrived yesterday to where I'll be staying! Hopefully I can find some nice plants there (focusing on species that tolerate 28C well). I plan to place them with moist air in sealed plastic bags, not sure if I should dump them in a bucket with a heater for 6 days and bagged them just before I travel back home... What would you suggest?

Pepetj
    Santo Domingo

5. pepetj

pepetj Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Went to Lovely Pets in Quincy (easier transportation). Got a nice selection of plants although not all what I wanted (e.g. no Crinum, Eleocharis, Glossostima, Hemiantus. Fissidens...). Not sure if I will be able to make it to Framingham though... I will try to but I have some lectures to attend to.

Pepetj
    Santo Domingo