Where to buy and what?

Gerryd

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2007
South Florida
Hi Lyle,

Yes that is a good site to get one. I bought mine there........

Make sure you get one calibrated for ELECTRIC light (not sunlight) and do yourself a favor and get the leveling plate for the sensor. Is about another $30, but worth it IMO.

I know they had a group buy not long ago where they were $150 instead of $250. Too bad you missed it.......

I purchased model QMSS-E for $249. And the leveling plate here:

Quantum Meters: Apogee Instruments: RELATED PRODUCTS

Easy to use/read. I have MH too and wanted to know what I REALLY had...........Worth the investment to me...

Hope this helps.

tinkerman

Subscriber
Dec 8, 2007
Moorhead,MN
Thanks for your reply Gerryd. I seen the group buy thing but no funds at that time. Was unsure what model I needed, the leveling plate is just for at substrate measuring correct?

Gerryd

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2007
South Florida
Too bad you missed the group buy..........

The sensor plate has a small buble level window in it so it can be used in any scenario to help keep the sensor positioned correctly.

The plate DOES make substrate readings easy. Since the remote sensor has a long wire between the sensor and the meter, I was able to simply place the sensor on the substrate, and gently drag it along SLOWLY where I wanted to take a reading. Was not scientific but gave me a good idea of what I had and where.

Maybe you can go in with a freind or two and share the cost?

It's not like you use it daily.

tinkerman

Subscriber
Dec 8, 2007
Moorhead,MN
Good to know about the bubble level. There arn't that many plant people in this town 2 of us have pressurized co2 and 1 low tech guy that I know of the 3 people incude myself. Its ganna be a toy for me with the halide upgrade and would like to see what the difference between t5's and cf's, after I order the halides I have had all lighting options minus led's.