This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Support us by upgrading to the lifetime advertisement free version.

Click here for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

When to dose? (Photoperiod)

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by geektom, Sep 21, 2017.

1. geektom

geektom Junior Poster

Local Time:
    5:52 PM
    Hey all- I leave my house very early in the morning, and have my lighting set for Noon-8pm so I can enjoy the tank for a couple of hours when I get home. CO2 is on 11am-7pm.

Because of how early I am up, I am usually dosing the tank between 4:30-5:00 am.

Does *when* you dose a tank relative to lights and CO2 coming on have any impact?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#1 geektom, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    Mike k likes this.
  2. Hannes

Hannes New Member

Local Time:
    6:52 PM
    Hello, No it does not make a difference, Plants dont know about time. All good.

geektom likes this.
  3. geektom

geektom Junior Poster

Local Time:
    I know they don't know about time, lol- but I don't know if having the lights on and CO2 going may allow/trigger them to absorb nutrients differently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. burr740

burr740 Micros Spiller
    Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    11:52 AM
    The only reason it would matter is if your dosing something like urea, or using a particular chelated Fe that needs a lower PH.

For example using Fe EDTA that does best under 6.5, or urea which is more toxic above 7. If your degassed PH is higher then its better to dose after the co2 has dropped the PH into a more favorable range.

But otherwise no it doesnt matter.

5. geektom

geektom Junior Poster

Local Time: