This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

What's SeaChem Equilibrium?

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by Patrice, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Patrice

Patrice Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    11:58 PM
    The Barr Report suggest SeaChem Equilibrium 1/8 teaspoon after water change.
    What is that product exacly?

Thank's

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    Label says it's

K2SO4
    CaSO4
    MgSO4
    FeSO4
    MnSO4

The Greg Watson version (he calls it Barr's GH booster) is the same with a bit more Mg and less K2SO4. It's much cheaper and easier to get apart.

Basically both products boost GH.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

3. Laith

Laith Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
  4. Patrice

Patrice Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    ok it's to boost GH. that should not be a bad idea cause Canadian Arctic water is realy soft.
    I allready add a trace mixt to my water and I see that there is some of these trace in the GH booster.

5. eddtango

eddtango Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    Flourish

How about Seachem Flourish? Is it more effectine than Equilibrium?

6. reiverix

reiverix Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Equilibrium is for water reconstitution, turning RO water into a freshwater approximation.

Flourish is a Micronutrient fertilizer.

They are designed to do different things. In order to understand their functions, I'll compare them to Greg Watson stuff. Equilibrium plays the same role as Barr GH Booster. Flourish plays the same role as CSM+B or TMG.

As an example: I start with RO water. I add Equilibrium to give it a proper GH, along with some other minerals. Now I have "fresh water" with a proper PH. I add baking soda to increase the KH. I add this new water to my tank during water changes. I fertilize my aquarium with KH2PO4 and KNO3 (macros) on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. I fertilize my aquarium with Flourish (micros) on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.