What's missing

hani

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2007
Hi, All my plants started suffering suddenly, am idiot co2, EI. This tank is 3 years old. It not nitrate deficiency I tested it few Time, any thought

Last edited by a moderator:

hani

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2007
set up as follow:

75 gallon

4 T5 LIGHT

EI

CO2 TANK

KH 8

GH 7

NITRATE 20-40 USING LAMOTTE COLORMETER

PO 3

DOSING EXTRA IRON FTDA

ADA AQUA SOIL

I THOUGHT ITS MANGANESE DEFICIENCY. BUT NO LUCK

burr740

Micros Spiller
Feb 16, 2015
Looks like rasping damage from a pleco or something. More/bigger pics of the entire tank w/plant close ups would help

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Agreed, looks like a pleco got it. It is a sword, so trim the old leaves off. Got a plecos, remove the offender. Plecos will hammer all the leaves, maybe the newest leaves will not be gnawed, but not long after they unfurl.............

Swords grow like mad. No fert issues I can see, the plants are tough as nails. ADA AS covers most things and then water as well.

Light is fine.

Gh booster can be and should be added.

Tap water change change dramatically in some locations during the spring thaw (or freeze), KH's can move around a great deal and the Ca and Mg can drop if you do not add GH booster.......

They also might add more Chlorine etc..........so if you added little dechlorinator........there's all sort of variation due to seasons and other factors with tap, but generally, if you add the GH, and the KH does not drop below say 0.5 or so........you should be fine. Gh is more an issue with this than KH. Check for any CO2 leaks, stuck valves etc.

hani

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2007
There is no Pleco in the tank , only Otto and Angels . My Sagittaria almost gone in the front ground , was growing strong for long time, never had issue either sword in my tanks before, the new leaves after trimming seems to be effected the same.