This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What traces to use?

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by phineus, Jan 23, 2005.

1. phineus

phineus Junior Poster

Do you use flourish? Or Flourish trace? What is used to provide the traces? Can you add it dry, as in CSM+B?

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Re: What traces to use?

I use Flourish mainly, I'll also use TMG, Tropica master grow. Sera is decent also. I used the old Kent products, I did not like them. The newer Kent Seachem clones seem good, but still lacking it seems, I've not done a critcal test of them though, testing traces is the hardest thing since the impacts are so small, they are traces after all.

F trace adds everything but Fe.Plants use more than just those, they also use FE, so I use a braod Trace like Flourish, some feel adding an extra spike of Fe helps, I'm not sure, I have not seen that, but then again, I add more traces than anyone suggested for many years.

You can add it dry (cms) if you want, I'll typically add traces in liquid forms..

Regards,

Tom Barr

3. Wö£fëñxXx

Wö£fëñxXx Prolific Poster

Flourish is good, have used it with good result's, but gets costly comparatively speaking, I use CSM+B in liquid form with very good results.
    I add mAcro's dry, but mix the trace.

4. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

You can also use 1/2 CMS and 1/2 Flourish, this will extend out the use of Flourish and cut the cost almost in 1/2.

Both products have different chelators, so you'll get both of them and see plants do well still.

TMG runs about 49$ from Big Al's for 5 liters.

Regards,
    Tom Barr