This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

What Sort Of Substrate To Use For Growing Crypts From Regions Emersed

Discussion in 'Emmersed / Wabi Kusa' started by Scryllarus, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Scryllarus

Scryllarus New Member

Local Time:
    4:13 PM
    Edit: looks like I messed up the title. It's supposed to say "from different regions" not "from regions"

Hi, this is my first post on this website, so apologies if I did something wrong
    I'm looking to re do my emersed crypt setup to meet each species specific needs, as right now they're all in a container planted in a slab of dirt made of potting soil worm castings, red art clay, sphagnum moss, and topsoil.

Currently I have c. Wendtii bronze, and red, c. Undulata, c. becketii, c. Lucens, c. Spiralis, and c. Balansae. The wendtii bronze is throwing out runners left and right while everything else is just growing slowly.

I know that wendtii, becketii, undulata, and lucens are from Sri lanka. Balansae is from southeast asia and spiralis is from india/china. How would I mix substrates to fit each of their needs so that they will thrive? I plan on potting each plant individually.

Thanks in advanced!
    Sorry for the lengthy post