This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

What Is Happening With This Wisteria?

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Silvanus, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Silvanus

Silvanus New Member

Local Time:
    4:22 PM
    Recently purchased Hygrophila difformis is covered in green bumps. It doesn't appear to be algae and doesn't scrape off with a fingernail. The larger/lower leaves are mostly affected while the new growth appears smooth and more vibrant green, though I have no idea if it will show up as they grow out.

I currently have it in a separate container so as not to spread any potential plant diseases in my tank. I'm going to separate some new growth as well and see if it continues to mature into a normal plant or is affected by this also. The bag it came in was full of snails, but I don't think it's snail damage. Some gall inducing virus, or some nutritional deficiency? Has anyone seen anything like this before? 20191118_185928.jpg

2. Deanna

Deanna New Member

Local Time:
    5:22 PM
    Looks like GSA to me, which you can't scrape off of a plant easily. To test for any type of algae: remove the plant and dip it for 5 minutes in the 3% H2O2 that you can get at any grocery or drug store. Put the plant back in the tank and see if the green spots start to fade within a few days, indicating that they are dying and confirming that it is algae.