This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to my sword

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by raun, Feb 9, 2008.

1. raun

raun Junior Poster

Local Time:
    12:22 AM
    my 2 swords went from happy to this in 36 hours. Everything else is happy and pearling. 75 gallons, 4dkh green all day long, EI dosing, 65x2 PC for 6 hours followed by 65x4 PC for 4 more hours. Roughly 400gph between canister and power heads. FE was probably a little low between 0.1 and 0.05ppm this morning, everything else looks like the SAPS EI presentation.

2. intermediate_noob

intermediate_noob Junior Poster

Local Time:
    What type of plecos do you have in your tank? Mine do this to my swords, pennywort, and Bacopa all the time.

Some say that they need more in the way of food so I started to feed more at night which seems to help.

3. raun

raun Junior Poster

Local Time:
    That sounds reasonable. I just moved an adult pleco into this tank about a week, maybe 2 weeks, ago. I think it is a Sailfin (Glyptoperichthys gibbiceps). I'll try as you suggested. Thanks.

4. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    That is definitely the work of a pleco or ancistus..........

Feeding algae wafers and the like will help. Zucchini, lettuce, etc will also help, but they like to gnaw. Make sure there is some wood in the tank as well.

I gave up on swords with my ancistrus as he does this to EVERY leaf on a sword, but never touches anything else in the tank ??? Go figure.