This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

What do I do?

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by Paul, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Paul

Paul Guru Class Expert

Currently I do a 50% water change every week, add KNO3, Seachem flourish and Seachem Iron twice a week. I need to add more phosphatres as well I think, do I buy phosphates to do the job or just change to Gregs pmdd mix? What do you think guys?

2. Greg Watson

Greg Watson Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Re: What do I do?

I usually do not recommend PMDD Pre-Mix ... unless you absolutely can not get the various ingredients separately ... and since the Pre-Mix does not contain any phosphate in it which is what your goal appears to be ... the Pre-Mix most definately would not be appropriate ...

Greg

3. Paul

Paul Guru Class Expert

Ok, so do I just need to get KH2PO4? is that right?

4. Wö£fëñxXx

Wö£fëñxXx Prolific Poster

I would buy the KN03 KH2P04 and CSM+B and dose individually,
    How long do you plan on using the Flourish? CSM+B is good stuff, alot cheaper the Seachem.
    Avoid PMDD as Greg states, it's lacking and no control over what is being dosed as apposed to individual fert's.

5. Paul

Paul Guru Class Expert

Im going to use the Flourish till the bottle runs out, so it will be a while!! no point not using it now I have paid for it, she will only complain if I buy more stuff (she doesnt know how much the 2 petricolas cost yet ;) )

6. Ian H

Ian H Guru Class Expert

Paul, I think that you were having a phosphate problem at the start of the year weren't you? Some people are never satisfied. :)

BTW have you still got the Rowaphos in?

Ian

7. Paul

Paul Guru Class Expert

I binned the Rowaphos ages ago and planted it properly, seem to have it all under control now, just bits of brush algae on a few plants, thats about it now

8. Ian H

Ian H Guru Class Expert

I've got a little of the brush algae also, very persistant tenacious stuff it is for sure. I've just got a pair of SAE's and hope they take a liking to it as a snack.

Ian

9. Paul

Paul Guru Class Expert

I have a small army of shrimp, ottos and two bristlenoses, nothing will go near it

10. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator Social Group Admin

Paul, if the tap has good PO4 levels, like 1ppm or higher, then the water change doses the PO4.

Otherwise, add it. KH2PO4 works well and 450 grams will last a few years, decades.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

11. Ian H

Ian H Guru Class Expert

At this point spare a thought to Greg W...............I mean decades before you get repeat business. :( How about putting a use by date on the chems Greg? :)

Ian