What can you offer to UKAPS.

Moody

Prolific Poster
Aug 31, 2006
Wirral, North West,England.
We are looking to find help to bring UKAPS into fruition.

Me ( Graeme Edwards ) and George Farmer are happy to be part of the co-ordinators/organizers team. George has a great scientific knowledge, plant specifics and above all the contacts needed to help promote and push forward UKAPS. I will be will be offering aquascaping tips, techniques and inspiration ideas along with photography and organizing.

We are looking for people who will be committed to help UKAPS form and grow. Some one with good all round planted tank experience, who can help with figures, organizing and techi website/computer knowledge would be a great help.

Please feel free to let us know how you will be willing to help and what you have to offer and we can go from there.

Thank in advance.
Graeme Edwards.

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Need one person to handle the $ for such buys and start an account at the bank.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Frolicsome_Flora

Guru Class Expert
Jan 12, 2007
Dorset, UK
Id be happy to help with any techy computer and website knowledge if you all need it. Ive been building websites for about 8 years and Im a fully fledged geek. :) Id be happy to contribute in some way.

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Well you can be the moderator and content advisor here all you want:)
Suggest anything you want to Greg Watson via PM.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Slackey

Junior Poster
Jan 7, 2007
Bedfordshire UK
I am quite happy to help out in anyway that people may see fit. I have been involved with serveral clubs and associations in the past 12 years (my job makes me move around a fair bit so I just join a new one where ever I go) serving various posts on committees, so any jobs are welcome.

Maximumbob

Junior Poster
Mar 22, 2007
Widnes, Cheshire, UK
Well as father of 2 - ages 1 & 2 I wont have much time to spare organising stuff etc. Its hard for me to find time to look after my fishes & plants. However, as we all have to muck in together....

I'm a nurse... a funny type of nurse. I do stuff people normally asume a doc would do. How does this help us you ask??? Well i suppose I could give advice on fish meds. I'll leave their usage and identifying conditions to the experienced guys.. but if you need pharmacology (pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamics) .. I can help. I'm no vet (although some people think looking after kids is a bit like vetinary medicine) but i can do the science part.

I suppose the ideal team would be an old codger who's treated fish for everything from smallpox to ich, and me :D :D

Failing the above.. like any good husband.. I can do as I'm told :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Aeropars

Junior Poster
Apr 6, 2007
I can offer computer techkie stuff. host my own sites from home so can happily set up a gallery or something for people to use as a hosting place.

Any advice ect on anything i can help with will of course be done.

I can be a moderator on here as i've ran my own site for 6 years with over 5 million visitors in that time.

I can offer a place for a summer BBQ too!

Paul

Guru Class Expert
Jan 24, 2005
Droitwich, UK
I have some c02 equipment, regulators, needle valves etc that I sell and am also working on adding to what I have such as sourcing solenoid valves ph controllers etc.
I have a some on sale here, and will be adding more I hope, so if anyone is interested, pm me as I will sort a discount out for members:)

nry

Junior Poster
Apr 1, 2007
Can anyone guess at the traffic/data usage that would be used by any new site? I'd be happy to sort out hosting providing it isn't going to end up costing me too much, no issues giving the relevant volunteers ftp access etc to setup and maintain any website.

Voo

Junior Poster
Apr 6, 2007
I can also help out with computer and internet related issues. Not too hot on design, although i can do the code for websites (PHP, MySQL).

As for traffic usage, i think it'll be small to start with, although in a years time or more you'll probably have to upgrade the hosting account as more people join.

What other content would you put on the website other than a forum?

BTW if a new website is created, i've registered ukaps.co.uk, which i can redirect to the new site.

nry;16215 said:
Can anyone guess at the traffic/data usage that would be used by any new site? I'd be happy to sort out hosting providing it isn't going to end up costing me too much, no issues giving the relevant volunteers ftp access etc to setup and maintain any website.

eds

Junior Poster
Apr 22, 2007
Nottingham, UK
Hi guys I can help out with a few bits and bobs, but maybe I'll be more use with the fish side of things! I've been breeding dwarf cichlids for years and just getting into killifish too. I've got lots of plant cuttings to swap too.

If I had more time I'd love to help with a more substantial role, unfortunately my computer skills are fairly limited (though I seem to have been nominated as the computer expert by the other teachers at school, but that's a 'one-eyed man in the kingdom of the blind' kind of thing... I'm teaching them all how to use our new interactive whiteboards now!). If there's anything I can do to help then I'm willing to muck in!

FelixWabi-Kusa

Junior Poster
Apr 24, 2007
hey guys, im a graphic designer and i did and apprenticeship with morton ward
I also have developed a fertiliser and substrate specifically for wabi-kusa

bigdanne

Junior Poster
May 1, 2007
Hi guys, I am also a graphic designer and run a print and design studio so large format graphics, t-shirts, leaflets, bumper/window stickers may be of help and all moneys could go to the running costs of the forum?
Anything to help just give me the nod.