This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

What are the differences between anubias nana and anubias nana petite?

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Brian20, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Brian20

Brian20 Guest

Local Time:
    1:34 PM
    Well I have a aquarist friend that ask me the differences between this two plants (because I are one of the people who know more of aquatic plants in the country) and I tell to him (by my experience) that the differences are that the anubia barteri nana have more big leaves but when it are small the leaves can be small like petite but the main differences are that the petite have more leaves by inch of rizome. Like 10-15 leaves in comparison to 5-6 leaves in nana. Also nana when gets older and bigger it is more bigger than petite.

Well I want to know if I tell the correct information or not so what are the differences between anubias nana and anubias nana petite?

thanks, Brian Soto

2. TheKillHaa

TheKillHaa Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    7:34 PM
    just like you said. i've had both for 2 years now and im looking at petite in this moment in my office, while i have nanas at home. Nanas could have small leaves were young, but will increase size on matter of time, otherwhile, petite has very small leaves all the time.

saludos!

3. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    7:34 PM
    nana can still get quite big, mine grew leafs about 2" wide and 6" high wheras petite leaves are about 1" max and only 2-3" high.