week-long dosage of fertz

dealt

Prolific Poster
Sep 25, 2007
hi! since EI suggests daily dosing of macro and micro nutrients and once a week reset, i'm thinking if there's a possible way to dose these nutrients for week-long consumption? you know...long weekends, holiday getaways...unavoidable events that will make daily dosing impossible. how do you guys deal with that? thanks!

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
I reduce the lighting, say to 6-8 hours etc and raise them up(if you have this option)

That's less CO2 demand and nutrient demand.

Also, this is a good argument for using ADA AS or other richer nutrient sediments.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Crazy Loaches

Guru Class Expert
Nov 20, 2006
Ohio
Thats what I have done thus far... turned half of my lights off and turn down co2 a bit. But sometimes I forget. Many times I skip 2-3 days even when I am home since I work crazy hours. This is the main reason I am switching to automation - way more reliable and consistant (hopefully) than me! At least if the $10 tom aqualifter pumps work out... I am not spending over $100 a pop for the perestaltic thingies (well.... I say that now....).

Joetee

Prolific Poster
Mar 26, 2006
Lexington, KY
If I am going to be gone for a long week end, 2 ro 3 days, etc. I don't do anything until I get back and what I see is that my plants seem to have to problems at all. In fact, they seem to have grown a bit faster. I thought the plants actually obsorb and store nutrients that last many days. I have not seen any adverse conditions from doing this. Is there something that I am over looking?
Joetee