This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Wavy Anubias Leaves.

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by Sourpuss, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Sourpuss

Sourpuss Member

Local Time:
    7:05 AM
    What causes wavy anubias leaves? I am getting a new leaf every week to two weeks. They come in fine at first then they become wavy after a few days. I just started using Nilocg thrive yesterday. I am doing at half to start with. I have also been using florapride for extra K. Thanks all.

Kurt Hartlaub likes this.
  2. Kurt Hartlaub

Kurt Hartlaub New Member

Local Time:
    6:05 AM
    I have had this happen recently as well. I also noticed the color of the leaf was a lighter shade than the rest of the plant. Tonight I removed the leaf thinking it was a deficiency in the tank it was previously kept in. Any thoughts?

3. rajkm

rajkm Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    1:05 PM
    Usually lack of some nutrient will start this. You don’t need to really remove the leaf unless it’s melting or damaged. 3-4 DGH , some KH and 30 ppm CO2 is where I will begin. If it’s non CO2 keep light levels low.
    Extra K is not needed. Thrive is EI level dosing and there is plenty of K provided by KNO3 and KH2PO4 at EI levels. Also if you use GH booster, most commercial ones have K.
    Anubias does throw lighter leafs now and then but they darken up as it ages.

Allwissend likes this.
  4. Sourpuss

Sourpuss Member

Local Time:
    7:05 AM
    Mine is low light no co2. Stopped adding extra K when I switched to thrive. I was using the K with flourish comp. Half of the pictures online have nana with wavy leaves. The species drawing from the tropica website shows them with wavy leaves also. Mine are growing quite fast for anubias. I get a new leaf on every plant 10 days or so. I was told that anubias like extra K and calcium. I do not have kh/th test kit. Will pick one up next week. My ph never budges. I do have hard water build up.

Tags: