This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Water Reservoir

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by jonathan11, Apr 21, 2011.

1. jonathan11

jonathan11 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Guys (and girls), I'm looking for a water holding reservoir, for my 180. Something that would be chemically resistant (from water), about 90 or better gallons (for 50% water change if nessary), not collapse or distort greatly under water pressure, with easily (?) installed drain valves (if possible). Openings for airstone line, heater, too. I thought of something like a house water heater, that would not take up too much room horizontally-which is another desire. I have a 55 gallon I could use, but would prefer something larger vertically, as this will be located in my garage, and I'm pressed for space. Quite a list of criteria, but I'm sure someone has been here before and been confronted with this problem.
    I need to thank everyone for their help in previously submitted questions, and hopefully with this one as well. Aid is appreciated, even though sometimes not stated. :)

Walter

2. oheresy

oheresy Junior Poster

3. Htomassini

Htomassini Guest

I have a setup outside my kitchen with 2 tanks from http://www.tank-depot.com/ one a 45 and one a 55 joined toghether with a t. They installed the bulkheads for me. I installed floatvalves for my ro water unit and I installed heaters and an airstone (to degass the amonium gas). I then drilled through my ouside wall to my kitchen where I installed a vinyl reinforced hose with a ball valve and a quick disconnect so that when I do my w/c all i do is roll the hose from under my sink's cabinet to my livingroom and connect a mag 1200 with the matching quick diconnect and a short piece of hose and fill my sump. This setup has been wonderfull. We had a COLD winter in s fla (it wold drop to the 30's at night) but with the heaters my discus never knew it. I then put my alkaline buffer in the sump so the water mixes there and i turn on my sump pump to fill the tank.

4. Cyclesafe

Cyclesafe Guru Class Expert

#4 Cyclesafe, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2011
  5. jonathan11

jonathan11 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

It always happens this way. I posted this inquiry last night, went down to a near by fish store today (I'm retired), to check out the fish and stuff. I asked the proprieter about what I might use for this purpose, and he darn near broke a leg to get to the back room to get me a water container, just what I was looking for!! Dumb luck, to be sure!! Made especially for this purpose, graduated, the whole bit.
    I want to THANK all of you for your suggestions and help. It is appreciated, believe me.

Walter