This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Water Reports: What they mean and how they effect our plants?

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by DavidR, Jul 23, 2005.

1. DavidR

DavidR Prolific Poster

I was browsing my water report and saw some "nutrients" and other stuff I didn't know. Care to help me out with these figures? I guess what I'm looking for is do I have a lot, too much; I'm looking for a relation of good & bad here.

First, the easy stuff:

Ca: 64.1ppm
    Mg: 27.5ppm
    Total Organic Carbon: 2.9ppm
    Ammonia: 0.421ppm (on average) **How long does it take to get rid of this via plants/biofilter?

From these figures, can anyone tell me how quickly these are used in a high light/CO2 injected tank? Generally speaking. While I'm not really concerned with TOC (or should I be?), how long a supply do I have of Ca & Mg (estimated)?

Other stuff I see in ferts that may/may not have an effect:

Sulphate: 134ppm
    Chloride: 150ppm

Is this a lot? What effect does it have on my plants?

What is this?:

Gross Alpha Adjusted: 4.8 pCi/L (from "Erosion of Natural Deposits")
    Gross Beta Emitters: 7.4 pCi/L (from "Decay of Natural Manmade Deposits")
    Combined Radium: 0.35 pCi/L (from "Erosion of Natural Deposits")

Thanks for any help! I may revise this and send it to my local water co. and see what they turn up as well.