Water movement device choices?

What devices are people using now?

  • Gyre

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vortech

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tunze 6105

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters


Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2009
One of my Tunze 6095s is acting up so it's probably time to replace it. It'll do on, or off, but power cycles if it's at anything other than those two settings.

I may be upgrading to the typical 48x24 footprint instead of the 60x18 I currently have so I'm unsure if replacing the 6095 would really be a useful option or if I should look into something else and relegate this one to the sump or in tank water change bottom of the tank fill/mix duty.

What kind of in tank flow device is everyone using on these size tanks now? Gyre, Vortec, 6105, Stream 3?

Are people just running one, or do you use a second device for a periodic water flow direction change on the tank to move detritus and such to where you can get to it?

Obviously the Tunze pumps have been too reliable since I've been out of the pump market for a while now. :)