This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Water movement device choices?

Discussion in 'Articles' started by shoggoth43, Dec 2, 2017.

?

What devices are people using now?

1. Gyre

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Vortech

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Tunze 6105

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. shoggoth43

shoggoth43 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    5:30 PM
    One of my Tunze 6095s is acting up so it's probably time to replace it. It'll do on, or off, but power cycles if it's at anything other than those two settings.

I may be upgrading to the typical 48x24 footprint instead of the 60x18 I currently have so I'm unsure if replacing the 6095 would really be a useful option or if I should look into something else and relegate this one to the sump or in tank water change bottom of the tank fill/mix duty.

What kind of in tank flow device is everyone using on these size tanks now? Gyre, Vortec, 6105, Stream 3?

Are people just running one, or do you use a second device for a periodic water flow direction change on the tank to move detritus and such to where you can get to it?

Obviously the Tunze pumps have been too reliable since I've been out of the pump market for a while now. :)

-
    S

Tags: