This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.
    Dismiss Notice

Water movement device choices?

Discussion in 'Articles' started by shoggoth43, Dec 2, 2017.


What devices are people using now?

  1. Gyre

    0 vote(s)
  2. Vortech

    0 vote(s)
  3. Tunze 6105

    0 vote(s)
  4. Other

    0 vote(s)
  1. shoggoth43

    shoggoth43 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

    Jan 15, 2009
    Likes Received:
    Local Time:
    6:36 AM
    One of my Tunze 6095s is acting up so it's probably time to replace it. It'll do on, or off, but power cycles if it's at anything other than those two settings.

    I may be upgrading to the typical 48x24 footprint instead of the 60x18 I currently have so I'm unsure if replacing the 6095 would really be a useful option or if I should look into something else and relegate this one to the sump or in tank water change bottom of the tank fill/mix duty.

    What kind of in tank flow device is everyone using on these size tanks now? Gyre, Vortec, 6105, Stream 3?

    Are people just running one, or do you use a second device for a periodic water flow direction change on the tank to move detritus and such to where you can get to it?

    Obviously the Tunze pumps have been too reliable since I've been out of the pump market for a while now. :)


Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice