This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Warning :-)

Discussion in 'Algae Control' started by imatrout, May 29, 2005.

1. imatrout

imatrout Prolific Poster

I just finished a blackout to kill off remnants of BGA. The good news is it worked perfectly, my plants look great (they even grew) and the fish are fine, but hungry. A great success. However, when doing the WC, pruning and reset, I decided to get rid of my Hornwort. Of all the plants it was the only one that didn't fair well. It became brittle and broke into lots of parts. I removed it from the tank as I was cleaning and put it down the garbage disposal. Bad move. Hornwort is tough and clogged my kitchen drain and I cannot get it unclogged. Guess tomorrow is a trip for some Drano.......

Otheriwise, the balckout really works!

2. srozell

srozell Guru Class Expert

Re: Warning :)

From your experience it is not clear that the black out was the cause of the brittle hornwort.

I personally believe that calcium is underrated when it comes to plant structure issues.