This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Warm Water Plants

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by imatrout, Sep 22, 2005.

1. imatrout

imatrout Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    3:49 PM
    What plants would you recommend for a warm water Discus tank say 84-86 degrees and frequently higher when treating parasites?

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    Re: Warm Water Plants

Most plants do quite well.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

3. imatrout

imatrout Prolific Poster

Local Time:

How do plants react to typical Discus Meds like Fungus Eliminator, Quick Cure and the like? How about snails and shrimp?

4. Simpte

Simpte Prolific Poster

Local Time:

I have found healthy plants are more tolerant than fish are when it comes to meds. They may lose their leaves but bounce back rather quickly. While one bad dosing can kill a fish, I find that plants are a little more resiliant. SHrimp and snails are more sensative to meds especially copper based ones.

5. Dolfan

Dolfan Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:

I believe the strains of Discus we get now are so far removed from the disease prone wild species that you probably won't have to treat at all. I've been keeping them for 3 years and never treated them for anything. Like any tank don't add new fish too often and make sure you quarantine when you do and all should be well. I only keep my temp around 80 degrees as well. Every plant I've tried seems to do fine also. I change 15 gallons in a 75 gallon tank once a week and use non co2 EI. One pair is on their third spawn in 4 weeks. The other Discus eat them though.