This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Support us by upgrading to the lifetime advertisement free version.

Click here for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted - Longfin Bristlenose Pleco

Discussion in 'Trades, swaps, sales' started by DLoja, Mar 11, 2015.

1. DLoja

DLoja Junior Poster

Local Time:
    4:26 PM
    Might be a long shot, but if anyone out there has a Longfin Bristlenose Pleco for sale let me know. Having a hard time finding them at all besides a few on ebay, but especially any that are reasonably priced w/ shipping. I'm in California btw. Also, as far as I could tell the longfin variety has all the same habits, needs, etc. as regular bristlenose correct? Anyone know differently?

Thanks!

David

2. alanle

alanle Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    get the ones with blue eyes or red body. i had these plecos in the past but they pooped too much. SAE or ottos are better.

3. DLoja

DLoja Junior Poster

Local Time:
    I've always had common plecos that get over a foot long. Now those poop a lot :)

I've now gotten rid of my last large fish and am stocked up with new plants and small schools of little guys. I do have 3 Oto Cats but thought a bristlenose Pleco would be good. Then I came across the longfin variety and figured if it's all the same they certainly look nicer. Supposed to be the best algae eating Pleco as far as I can tell.

4. DLoja

DLoja Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Just thought I'd mention that I got 3 small albino longfin Bristlenose in a couple days ago and they are looking great! I was worried because it's the first fish I've ever had shipped to me, and it was 3 days from Florida to here in CA. Finally found someone on Ebay with better prices, and they were shipped very well. $10 each included shipping, $30 for 3, in case anyone was interested. I saw others that were much more than $30 each including shipping, so I'm happy because I couldn't find these anywhere near me, they look really good, and should help keep my tank nice and clean while staying small enough not to destroy my scape. :)

5. kevinmichael77

kevinmichael77 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Call Wet Spot Tropical fish in Oregon or check out their website.

6. PhilipS

PhilipS Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    8:26 AM
    Saw a bunch of young ones at the SAKE Killifish event in AZ last weekend. Saw a bunch of people from CA as well. Search for fish clubs near you.