Vortex Company (for Diatom Filters) Closed ???

brrrpr

Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Hallo, good day, long time I'm no longer on this site.

Please I would like to ask an information to USA citizens about VORTEX, a company which manifacture
diatomaceous earth filters in your country, cause it is more difficult from Europe.
They've been on the market for decades but now I did not receive answers from them since one year.
I've been trying to call by phone and by email but no more answer.
Does anyone know from USA if they are still open ?
This is their site and phone number:

http://www.diatomfilter.com/contacts.htm

PHONE: (850) 836-4121

Thank you

brrrpr

Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Look open to business to me. I have one too. What a racket it makes and I never could get the hang of an even coating of powder on the mesh bag. But!..LFS guy used it for decades...and sure enough,any tank It had been running on soon looked swimming pool clear.

Thanks for the answer, when did you purchase yours ?
There is another Brand: "Marineland" which "should" also be working with diatomaceous powder. There are many review on YouTube but still they did not answer me by mail, no luck at all for me !
My last option is the DIY Diatom filter but seems to be more time consuming and a bit complicated to me.

brrrpr

Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
I did some further looking homestead.com has them for sale. So did petsupply.com..some even had the extra large size for $$$..not cheap.
Google,vortex diatom filters..go to images ( not shopping) and all kinds of places have them.

Homestead site does not look like a trustworthy site. They don't have an email to respond answers or a main site is not existing, even the payment page is just with bare credit card without fraud protection.

I red on Internet that VORTEX has been discontinued due to neverending problems. Instead I bought 2 Marineland paying a crazy price for the shipment to Europe and inport taxes.
I wish I had found Vortex but at the end I hope that Marineland polisher filter would do a similar job.