Video of my DIY stand in action

Ardell

Junior Poster
Feb 14, 2007
I posted my new video of my stand on youtube. I still have some work to do, staining and whatnot, i also intend to make something to utilize the remaing space, im not exactly sure what yet.

Check it out let me know what you think,

YouTube - Custom Fish Tank Stand

VaughnH

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2005
Sacramento, CA
Wow! But you left out the wide screen high def TV screen. I know the hot tub is in there somewhere too.

Ardell

Junior Poster
Feb 14, 2007
Iam actually looking into a mounting bracket for my Ipod and Some satelite speakers for around the fish room. For me sitting in front of the tank is a religious experience, sometimes readily accessable music would be the finishing touch! :)

FacePlanted

Guru Class Expert
Jul 9, 2007
Austin, TX
Damn! That is cool!
There are many times that I wish I had a place to hang/place/store all my tank accessories and yet keep them tucked out of the way when I'm not using them.
I especially like the fold-out table. Having a workspace to place your tools, plants, ferts, etc., while working in the tank has always been a problem for me. I end up having stuff scattered all over the living room :D

And hey, I know exactly what you mean about staring into your tank that you have worked so hard on. And adding music certainly does enhance the experience. I have spent many hours in the past chillin' to some relaxing music and spacing out, gazing into the fishtank. Except now that I have put so much hard work into my new tank, that when I stare into it all I do is end up obsessing about little details that aren't exactly perfect instead of let it go and just enjoy it. Oh well, its still loads of fun and I wouldnt give up the hobby for anything.

Good job on a badass, custom-built, a place for everything, DIY stand!
-Mike B-

ramonfernandez

Junior Poster
Aug 24, 2011
Ardell;19068 said:
I posted my new video of my stand on youtube. I still have some work to do, staining and whatnot, i also intend to make something to utilize the remaing space, im not exactly sure what yet.

Check it out let me know what you think,

YouTube - Custom Fish Tank Stand

Nice. Really nice stand. :)

Guru Class Expert
Aug 19, 2010
Am loving it.
Can't tell you how handy I think the pull out storage is.
I am forever laying stuff down and then can't find it even just a few second's later.Early stages of dimentia perhaps?

ShadowMac

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Mar 25, 2010
Grand Forks, ND
1077, I do the same thing all the time! you don't know how many times I've said, "now where are those damn tweezers? I just had them."

Guru Class Expert
Aug 19, 2010
Were it not so pathetic, It would be funny. Towel's,dechlorinator,algae scrapers,scissor's etc,etc,