This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Video of my DIY stand in action

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Ardell, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Ardell

Ardell Junior Poster

Local Time:
    7:55 PM
    I posted my new video of my stand on youtube. I still have some work to do, staining and whatnot, i also intend to make something to utilize the remaing space, im not exactly sure what yet.

Check it out let me know what you think,

YouTube - Custom Fish Tank Stand

2. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Wow! But you left out the wide screen high def TV screen. I know the hot tub is in there somewhere too.

3. Ardell

Ardell Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Iam actually looking into a mounting bracket for my Ipod and Some satelite speakers for around the fish room. For me sitting in front of the tank is a religious experience, sometimes readily accessable music would be the finishing touch! :)

4. FacePlanted

FacePlanted Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Damn! That is cool!
    There are many times that I wish I had a place to hang/place/store all my tank accessories and yet keep them tucked out of the way when I'm not using them.
    I especially like the fold-out table. Having a workspace to place your tools, plants, ferts, etc., while working in the tank has always been a problem for me. I end up having stuff scattered all over the living room :D

And hey, I know exactly what you mean about staring into your tank that you have worked so hard on. And adding music certainly does enhance the experience. I have spent many hours in the past chillin' to some relaxing music and spacing out, gazing into the fishtank. Except now that I have put so much hard work into my new tank, that when I stare into it all I do is end up obsessing about little details that aren't exactly perfect instead of let it go and just enjoy it. Oh well, its still loads of fun and I wouldnt give up the hobby for anything.

Good job on a badass, custom-built, a place for everything, DIY stand!
    -Mike B-

5. ramonfernandez

ramonfernandez Junior Poster

Local Time:

Nice. Really nice stand. :)

6. 1077

1077 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Am loving it.
    Can't tell you how handy I think the pull out storage is.
    I am forever laying stuff down and then can't find it even just a few second's later.Early stages of dimentia perhaps?

7. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    1077, I do the same thing all the time! you don't know how many times I've said, "now where are those damn tweezers? I just had them."

8. 1077

1077 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Were it not so pathetic, It would be funny. Towel's,dechlorinator,algae scrapers,scissor's etc,etc,