This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Venturi Injectors

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by islanddave, Nov 17, 2015.

1. islanddave

islanddave Subscriber

Local Time:
    6:11 AM
    I was thinking of running one of these inline with my fluval fx 5. Is the check valve on this unit sufficient to prevent any back flooding of water while the co2 solenoid is off? Thanks

http://pentairaes.com/venturi-injectors.html

2. Solcielo lawrencia

Local Time:
    A venturi pulls media through, it doesn't push. Thus, a CV rated for vacuum pressure is needed.

3. islanddave

islanddave Subscriber

Local Time:
    So if I am understanding this correctly then, it is the venturi action that is created by the water flowing through the device that pulls the co2 into stream? My question is now what purpose does the check valve on this assembly serve? Is this then utilized if the water source is shut off?

Thanks David

4. Solcielo lawrencia

Local Time:
    Yes, that's how a venturi works. The CV is probably there to prevent backflow, which can happen if the velocity through the venturi tube slows down enough. For a venturi to work, the velocity through the tube must be fast enough. If it's too slow, then it's just another void to be filled.