This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Valve Cv Range?

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by Donald Layton, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Donald Layton

Donald Layton New Member

Local Time:
    6:18 PM
    This should be easy valuable conversation. What is the usable Cv range in the metering valves used in aquaria for dispensing CO2? Can we take it further and say wich parts of the range are for example better for nano vs monster aquarium. In my case, I have a Parker HR Series metering valve with a Cv of 0.00034. Will that produce the volume of CO2 needed for my 75 gallon aquarium? I am still in the parts gathering phase, 75% already on hand, or I would have an answer for this example. Otherwise, I think we will all benefit by defining the range better.

2. Donald Layton

Donald Layton New Member

Local Time:
    6:18 PM
    UPDATE: All post body parts arrived. I installed the bubble counter, valve and solenoid. The good first... Woah, that valve is awesome. I can control the bubble rate from free running to one bubble every 10 seconds. Amazing. The bad, the first Parker Skinner selonoid valve I purchased us only rated for 10psi. It doesn't hold the gas back, fully close at 9psi. New solenoid in the mail. Learning curve!

Tags: