This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Vacation

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Gerryd, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    6:46 AM
    Hi all,

Off to cold NJ for 5 days... brrrrr...but seeing family will warm me up.

So am doing the following while away for the fishies and plants:

1. Large 70-80% WC tonight. Did the same just this past Sunday as weekly maintenance.
    2. Lower light duration from 9 hrs to 5 or 6 max. Already raised as high as can be.
    3. Slightly lower c02 bubble rate just in case. I know where it is now, so a little algae will be a smaller price than lost fish. Easy to put back to where it was.
    4. Dose a half weeks worth of EI after tonights WC.
    5. Canister cartridge changed two weeks ago, so no issues there.

Person coming will only care for my cats and was totally intimidated by the 180. Took one look and said 'I don't have to touch THAT, do I?' lol

I will have a buddy drop by once or twice to feed.

Keep a good thought for my guys while I am away!

I need to hook up some live webcams and a URL so I can check (spy) on the tank and the cats while I am gone.... Need to research that one lol

2. Philosophos

Philosophos Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Enjoy the vacation. Give us a link to the webcam so we can watch your fish for you ;)

You should set aside some ferts for the guy feeding the fish as well; easy enough to leave instructions to just dump the cup in.

-Philosophos

3. JDowns

JDowns Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Have a great trip Gerry.

4. Detritus Mulm

Detritus Mulm Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Probably overkill for your needs, but I have one of these set up for the house:

NV6480 - AVerMedia NV6480EXP DVR

I've been meaning to add a Pond cam to it to watch the GF; one of these days.

5. nmullens

nmullens Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    I have done this before, too check on my tank while I was on vacation for a couple weeks.

I setup my laptop with its webcam on the tank, I also setup RDP so I could log into my computer from anywhere. It worked great, I have a RDP client on my phone so I could check it whenever I wanted.