This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

UV-C Filtration on Planted Tanks, yes or no ?

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by Mikefish, May 19, 2009.

1. Mikefish

Mikefish Junior Poster

Local Time:
    3:21 PM
    Not sure if this is the right area to post this but...

I currently use UV-C filtration in sumps in grow out tanks in my fish room and am convinced it makes for healthier fish, (or less problems at least) but i have no experiance on using them in planted dispaly tanks.

Thoughts on UV-C filtration on planted / dosed tanks ? good, bad, reasons , thoughts ?

The planted tank in question is being dosed EI using dry chemicals stired into 500ml water then added to tank.

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    I do not use one, but use a hang on model for any GW issues that might arise.

Othrwise there seems to be little use.

The UV might act to lyse bacteria and smaller critters and release their contents for plant uptake. That is the main potential use, or disease control etc, but not for the plant really.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

3. jbrazio

jbrazio Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    Running it 24/7 affects in any way the nutrients ?