This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using reactive (lab) grade KNO3 & KH2PO4

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plant Fertilization' started by pepetj, Feb 23, 2011.

1. pepetj

pepetj Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

After being unable to find commercial grade KNO3 and KH2PO4 (only available in bulk orders) I finally got my hands on them. Thing is they're "reactive" (lab) grade.

What would be the dosing guidelines for 99.9% KNO3 and 99-100% KH2PO4? If possible I would like the measurements to be in "teaspoon" although if using grams means more accuracy then go this way.

I noticed the KNO3 is listed as "severe" for Reactivity and "moderate" for both health and contact. while KH2PO4 is listed as "slight" for health and contact.

Pepetj
    Santo Domingo

#1 pepetj, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2011
  2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Same as ag grade ferts.
    I'd not worry, just do not eat the stuff etc.
    Labels are required but they are just salts, breathing salts can cause some issues over time with repeated exposure etc.

So can most things we add, but this is no different from the KNO3 issues from ag grade.