This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Using Gh Booster with K

Discussion in 'Estimative Index' started by Tiago Nicolau, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Tiago Nicolau

Tiago Nicolau Member

Local Time:
    5:51 AM
    Hi all, i use for 3 years now the TNC Gh Booster with only CaO and MgO, but since my old bag ended, now i use the new formula with K2O in it.

The foruma is: K 13.5% (K2O 13.2%),Ca 9% (CaO 12.5%), Mg 3% (MgO 5%)

I dont know how to calculate the amount of K would i be adding to my 40lt tank, if i wanted to increase gH by 6 degrees. I already have 15ppm of K on my low tech planted tank (doing half EI dosage).

Sending a pic of my tank, taken Saturday.

Using 1/2 EI regime with daily 1ml Excel (5ml on 50% WC)

Major 80% WC weekly

Tank has 8 gH; 2 kH; overall 211 TDS

On a side note, my plants are growning really well and fast for a non CO2 system. 2 years ago i was struggling with this tank, but after 2 years without any WC and only the Anubia Nana Petite surviving the 2 Year DI water reposition only, i'm really glad my tank is responding so well!

2. Dennis Singh

Dennis Singh SynKing!

Local Time:
    9:51 PM
    Nice tank, you've got some scrubbing to do!

3. Tiago Nicolau

Tiago Nicolau Member

Local Time:
    5:51 AM
    Already did it and got my shoulders really sored out, this pic is from last weekend.

About the Gh, Nigel at TNC helped me. Seems like 5g(1tsp) of Gh Booster introduces 6.7ppm of K and 1 dgH. I usually add 6dgH to my tank each WC so i would be adding a whole lot of K. Too bad i already did my all-in-one solution of ferts, so i'll need to make a new batch without extra K added it seems.