This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Using Ferts?

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by csaxe21, Jan 15, 2009.

1. csaxe21

csaxe21 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    1:26 PM
    Hey everyone,
    Great to be on the fourm:D!

I have a planted 26 gallon tank, and I'm having some trouble with my plants (My first planted tank :S). Just about all of my plants are showing obvious deficiencies, but I don't really know of what. Almost all of them are either yellowish, or brown. I want Green! So, I really don't know so much about what to do, but is it too late for them? I know dead leaves would be clear-ish and soft, and that isn't the sign with most of them, but is there any other ways to tell if a plant is dead or not?
    I really couldn't tell you all of their names of the top of my head, since they weren't written down when they were shipped to me, and I didn't choose them, so it may take me some time to get it right if you guys think its important to know.
    So, my main question is do I need more fertilizers? I'm using daily doses of Flourish Excel, and it's only been a few days, so I may be rushing it, but no results. I'm running 2, DIY CO2, 2L bottles, since my pressurized was not working correctly. I am getting sent a new bubble counter, so I should have it working soon, but for now this is what I got :(. I'm also running 3 watts per gallon (2x39watts, T5 6700K).

So, I wanted to know if I should order some fertilizers from here:

Shop online at AquariumFertilizer.com

I'm a real noob at this and don't even know what to even look to order.

Please help!

Thanks!

2. csaxe21

csaxe21 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Another Quick Question..

I just thought of an idea that might help me a bit...

Right now, both of my DIY CO2 are being diffused by chopsticks. It's doing pretty well and I always see a bunch of little bubbles, but do you think I should hook it up to my Red Sea CO2 Reactor 500? It is supposed to have 99% dissolving, so would this work? Will there be enough CO2 flowing to get the reactor running, or does it need more pressure? Should I just have one of the two connected to it, or would it be smarter if I joined them with a T connector before hitting the reactor?

Thanks again.

3. Mooner

Mooner Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time: